Preserve those special moments we spend out and about in nature with this beautiful Flower Press Kit.
Handmade in a small studio near Madrid, it includes everything you need: a flower press made from pine wood which has been hand stamped, a herbarium folder for storing and classifying your plants and herbs, a pair of scissors for cutting your finds, paper, and a guide to becoming a flower pressing expert! With a hand-printed organic and FairTrade cotton bag to store it all in.
All that remains is to get outside and enjoy gathering and preserving your nature mementos.
Please note, this kit is designed for adults. So it's the perfect gift for adults or teenagers, and whilst there's no reason not to enjoy it together with children, it's not CE-marked and hasn't been toy-safety tested, so is not suitable for kids to use on their own.
What it contains:
- Handmade pine wood flower press with snap closure and silkscreen printing. Size: 17x23cm (DNA-5),
- Herbarium folder screenprinted by hand with red ribbons (DNA-5),
- Flower and leaf pressing guide; detailed pressing and preservation instructions and guide to flower and plant types, in English. Lost yours? Download it here.
- Plant identification labels,
- Blotting paper sheets,
- Sheets of channel cardboard (to aid in pressing),
- Chrome-plated clamp scissors (for cutting plants and flowers),
- Hand-printed organic cotton bag.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Spain
- Organic? No
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Spain
- What's it made from? Cardboard, pine wood, paper sheets, sheets of channel cardboard, chrome & metal (scissors), organic cotton
- What's it packaged in? Cardboad Box
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard
- Plastic-free? No - the kit contains a pair of scissors which are protected with plastic
- Vegan? No - but this kit includes a lot of vegan elements
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? No - due to the plastic elements it is not but this kit includes elements also that are biodegradable like wood, cardboard and cotton
- Reusable / refillable? Yes - all the tools are reusable
- Recyclable? The kit boxes are recyclable
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: This product is designed as a craft kit for adults and has not been tested or certified for use as a toy by children
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: Not yet
- Safety standards met: This is a craft kit for teens and adults and does not require safety-testing as a toy for children. At the moment it does not carry the CE mark but the maker is starting the CE approval process soon. Based on what the kits are made of and what they contain, we are confident it will pass.
- Solvent-free? No
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: The maker is starting the process to have these kits accredited as safe for use as a toy by children (CE-marking)