Dr Zigs’ brand new Bubble Pollinator Kit is designed to combine play and learning, made to teach children about the science and importance of pollination, whilst having fun with Bubbles.
This kit comes with an educational booklet, introducing the idea of pollination, why it is important in nature, and what kinds of animals naturally act as pollinators.
This kit allows children to help our native pollinators with their task but using Bubbles as a medium for delivering pollen to a flower.
What it contains: 100ml of our plant-based Bubble Mix in a flat bottle made from 100% recycled plastic. The Bubble Mix is plant and bee-friendly, vegan, phosphate-free, and biodegradable in sunlight, so completely safe to use, and friendly for the planet. Also included is a straw and cup made from 100% sustainably sourced bamboo, a paintbrush to collect pollen, and an instruction booklet.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes except the cotton for the wicks (cotton doesn't grow in Europe) - Europe
- Organic? Yes - not certified
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Wales
- What's it made from? Biodegradable bubble mix: Plant-derived surfactants, plant-derived polymers, and biodegradable petroleum-derived polymers (which Dr Zigs are working on eliminating) Other elements: Fairtrade cotton (wick), sustainable wood (wand(s)), recycled plastic (bottle for bubble mix; 20-50% of it is recycled)
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard Box only
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard
- Plastic-free? No - the bubble mix bottles are recycled-and-recyclable plastic
- Vegan? Yes - not certified
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Yes - the bubble mix bottles are 20-50% recycled plastic
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Bubble mix = yes (100% biodegradable in sunlight); wand(s) = yes (cotton and wood); bubble mix container = no (plastic)
- Reusable / refillable? Yes, you can order giant bubblemix refills from us here.
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All (with close supervision for kids under age 3)
- Shelf life: at least 10 years
- Awards: Two Guinness Word Records! Most people making Giant Bubbles using tri-strings (giant bubble wands) Most people making Giant Bubbles using garlands (multi-wands) ''Best Buy Eco-Toy'' (The Independent)
- Safety standards met: EN71 EU toy safety standards
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We'd love the bubble mix to come in solid form to remove the need for plastic bottles...talking about it with Paola!