Paint in powder form (no transporting of water!). Made from earth, minerals, and plants. Ideal for kids (or adults!) to use with brushes or fingers. Easy to clean and skin-kind. Mix with water to make a creamy, tempera-like paint. Add more water for watercolors!
Now let your creativity loose on canvas, paper, cork, wood, stone, fabric, glass, etc. Because the ingredients are all natural, the paint naturally adheres to natural materials, and doesn't adhere well to some plastics or canvases with a too strong acrylic primer.
Fabulous for people with skin allergies: very low chance of a reaction.
Other children's paints are often sold in packages of 4-6 pots with 60-80 mg per bottle = half a litre of paint, which will dry-out if not properly closed. With Natural Earth Paint, you choose how much to make from the dry powder each time you use it so you can reduce waste.
What it contains:
- Experience 2-litre kit: A package of paint powder in each of 6 colours: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and brown. Enough to make 2 litres of paint.
- Discovery 1-litre kit: As above, enough for 1 litre of paint.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? No :-( USA and other countries
- Organic? Yes, the plant ingredient (corn starch) is orgnically-grown
- Manufactured in EU? No :-( USA
- What's it made from? Organic corn starch, gum arabic, natural earth, natural mineral pigments
- What's it packaged in? Eco-printed FSC paper sachets or biodegradable clear bags and cardboard box. For the biodegradable clear bags, the producer is just transitioning from biodegradable plastic to sugarcane-based compostable material (applause!)
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Reused cardboard boxes; no plastic
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Some of the powder packages are made from upcycled used envelopes.
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable refillable? Yes!
- Recyclable? Yes
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: The dry powder will last 2-3 years. We recommend only mixing with water the amount you want to use now - but your wet mixture will stay good for 2-3 weeks.
- Safety standards met: European toy safety standard EN-71; CE-marked
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We wish it was made in Europe! Shout if you know someone doing this!