How to host a Toy Repair Cafe
How to run a Toy Repair Cafe:
1. Invite families to bring broken toys
2. Find enthusiastic volunteers wjth sewing / mending skills
3. Add materials - from simple repair hacks like those we stock, to more advanced electrical kit, to suit the volunteers’ skills
4. Repair while the families watch and
5. Seek opportunities to upskill them and build their repair confidence
6. Enjoy the satisfaction of sending kids away with their most loved toys refreshed!
Thanks to Repair Acts and Kilbeggan Library for hosting myself and Jeffrey from TOG Hackerspace who runs the Dublin 12 Repair Cafe at TOG Hackerspace for this toy repair cafe.
See our repair hack videos and materials here.