Beautiful watercolor paints from natural raw materials - plant extracts and food colorants. In fact, the tin tells you what each colour is made of - red is from strawberries, pink from beetroot, black from charcoal, green from apples, etc - really fun and a reminder of the simple everyday natural things paints can be made from.
The tablets look pale until you add water the first time - then they are vibrant, the water brings the dried pigments back to life!
We also have beautiful, handmade-in-Germany, eco watercolour brushes.
Need colours refilled? Buy just the colours you need, see here.
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Germany
- Organic? Not yet!
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Germany
- What's it made from? Calcium carbonate, vegetable starch, titanium dioxide, glucose, potassium sorbate, glycerol, colorants (extracts from natural foods, e.g., turmeric)
- What's it packaged in? Tin case, polystyrene holder for each paint tablet
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box
- Plastic-free? Not yet! The holders of the paint tablets are recyclable but plastic.
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused, upcycled or recycled? Not yet!
- Biodegradable / compostable? Paint - yes; tin case and tablet holders - no
- Reusable / refillable? Yes! See below for individual colour tablets
- Recyclable? Yes - tin, rigid plastic
- Great for ages: 4+. Not suitable for children under 3 - small parts (paint tablets)
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: European Standards DIN EN 71
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Replace the polystyrene holder for each paint tablet with a more-sustainable material