Wild Child: A Journey Through Nature is a beautiful gift book, illustrated in full colour by Barry Falls, and divided into five sections: looking out of the window, venturing out into the garden, walking in the woods, investigating heathland and wandering on the river bank.
Join brilliant young naturalist Dara McAnulty - winner of the 2020 Wainwright Prize for his book Diary of a Young Naturalist - on a nature walk and experience the joy of connecting with the natural world on your multi sensory journey.
Dara pauses to tell you about each habitat and provides fantastic facts about the native birds, animals and plants you will find there - including wrens, blackbirds, butterflies, tadpoles, bluebells, bees, hen harriers, otters, dandelions, oak trees and many more.
Each section containsa discovery section where you will have a closer look at natural phenomenon such as metamorphoses and migration, learn about categorization in the animal kingdom or become an expert on the collective nouns for birds.
Each section finishes with an activity to do when you get home: plant wild flowers, make a bird feeder, try pond dipping, make a journey stick and build a terrarium.
Dara ends the book with advice for young conservationists.
- Raw materials from Europe? No - China :-( That's 22,000km of 'book-miles'. We're wrestling with whether to apply our 'made in Europe? criterion to books, as they are a side-line to our toys, and we only retail don't distribute so our influence on producers is limited.
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? No - China
- What's it made from? TBC
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
- Great for ages: 7+
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: TBC
- Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? N/A
- Gluten-free? N/A
- Peanut-free? N/A
- Soy-free? N/A
- Lactose-free? N/A
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Printing in Europe saves between 60% and 90% of a book's transport carbon - 60% if you print in Eastern Europe, 90% if you print in Ireland or UK. So, we wish this book were printed in Europe.