Did you know that every single plastic toothbrush ever made still exists? Or that there is a floating mass of rubbish larger than the USA drifting around the Pacific Ocean? But there are amazing plans afoot to save our seas...this books profiles the green projects going on worldwide.
Almost everything we do creates waste, from litter and leftovers to factory gases and old gadgets. Find out where it goes, how it affects our planet and what we can do to reduce the problem.
Learn how to make your home more energy and water efficient, which items can be recycled, tips for grocery shopping, and loads of ideas on how you can get involved to make our planet a better place to live.
Written by Jess French, a passionate conservationist and veterinarian committed to protecting the beautiful world we live in.
What it contains: 1 hardback book
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Our first batch of this book was printed in Latvia, but printing seems to have moved to China :-(
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? No - China :-(
- What's it made from? Paper / cardboard only
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 4 to 10
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? N/A
- Gluten-free? N/A
- Peanut-free? N/A
- Soy-free? N/A
- Lactose-free? N/A
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Printing in Europe?saves between 60% and 90% of a book's transport carbon - 60% if you print in Eastern Europe, 90% if you print in Ireland or UK. So, we wish this book were printed in Europe? When it is, we'll restock it :-)