Beautifully-made certified-organic cotton play mat with locally-sourced wooden cars for on-the-go fun!
Please note: we asked the maker to produce an organic version of this product especially for us. Growing cotton organically means people-, animal-, insect- and soil-friendly conditions without fertilizers or insecticides. So you might see a similar product elsewhere at a slightly lower cost - but if that doesn't say "organic", then it's the non-organic cotton version.
What it contains: Roll-up-and-go road play mat, 32cm x 37cm, 3 wooden cars in different colours
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes!
- Cotton for the fabric comes from Turkey (which spans both Europe and Asia and is as close as it gets for cotton, which doesn't grow in most of Europe).
- Wood for the cars comes responsibly managed forests in the Czech Republic.
- Elastic band: Austria.
- Organic? Yes, GOTS-certified 100% organic cotton for the mat (the wood for the cars is not organic-certified)
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Belgium
- What's it made from? Bio and vegan approved GOTS fabric. Cars are made from FSC certified wood. The elastic band is made of 30% natural rubber and 70% of GOTS biological cotton.
- What's it packaged in? A single recycled paper band
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Both!
- Reusable / refillable? Yes! Just keep using it! Car slots could also fit other favourite toys.
- Recyclable? Yes, cotton can be recycled with other textiles, and the wooden toys can be brought to a civic amenity centre for recycling. See the MyWaste.ie A to Z for how to recycle anything in Ireland.
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All ages
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: European toy safety standards (CE-marked)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We'd love to have these made from upcycled waste fabric, let's see what we can do!