This Is Our World, written by Tracey Turner, is a colourful celebration of our planet’s cultural and environmental diversity – an unforgettable journey that brings the people, customs and wildlife of twenty places around the world vividly to life for young readers.
The guides are children who tell us about the animals, plants and weather that they encounter; the feasts and festivals they enjoy; and the clothes they wear, the way they learn, the languages they speak, and the sports and games they play. The tour is truly global, as we journey from Australia’s desolate Red Centre to bustling Beijing, from the windswept Outer Hebrides to the rock houses of Cappadocia in Turkey, via the Amazon rainforest, New York City, the Siberian tundra, and a floating village in Cambodia.
This is both a beautiful gift book and a highly-accessible home reference, sure to foster an interest in the wider world, in travel, in diversity and in conservation. It teaches us that despite its countless languages, customs and traditions, it really is a small world after all.
What it contains: 1 hardback book, 48 Pages. Book Size: 245 x 287 x 14
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? No - China :-( That's 22,000km of 'book-miles'. We're wrestling with whether to apply our 'made in Europe? criterion to books, as they are a side-line to our toys, and we only retail don't distribute so our influence on producers is limited.
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? No - China
- What's it made from? TBC
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 6+
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: TBC
- Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? N/A
- Gluten-free? N/A
- Peanut-free? N/A
- Soy-free? N/A
- Lactose-free? N/A
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Printing in Europe saves between 60% and 90% of a book's transport carbon - 60% if you print in Eastern Europe, 90% if you print in Ireland or UK. So, we wish this book were printed in Europe.