A stunning picture book about one little girl and her orangutan friend, based on the Greenpeace film that became a viral sensation.
When a little girl discovers a mischievous orangutan on the loose in her bedroom, she can't understand why it keeps shouting OOO! at her shampoo and her chocolate. But when Rang-tan explains that there are humans running wild in her rainforest, burning down trees so they can grow palm oil to put in products, the little girl knows what she has to do: help save the orangutans!
Published in collaboration with Greenpeace, featuring a foreword from Dame Emma Thompson and brought to life by award-winning illustrator Frann Preston-Gannon, this is a very special picture book with a vital message to share.
What it contains: 1 Paperback book, 32 pages
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? No - China :-( That's 22,000km of 'book-miles'. We're wrestling with whether to apply our 'made in Europe' criterion to books, as they are a side-line to our toys, and we only retail don't distribute so our influence on producers is limited.
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in EU? No - China :-( That's 22,000km of 'book-miles'. We're wrestling with whether to apply our 'made in Europe' criterion to books, as they are a side-line to our toys, and we only retail don't distribute so our influence on producers is limited.
- What's it made from? Paper and cardboard only
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages:
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: TBC
- Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Printing in Europe saves between 60% and 90% of a book's transport carbon - 60% if you print in Eastern Europe, 90% if you print in Ireland or UK. So, we wish this book were printed in Europe! When it is, we'll restock it :-)