SOPHi, along with its sister line Piggy Paint, is the #1 safest of all nail polishes. Water-based with just 4 ingredients, it's solvent-free and odourless. But the really exciting thing is, blow for 60 seconds with a warm hairdryer and it'll last like a traditional polish!
What it contains:
- Polish: 1 bottle with in-built applicator: 0.5 fl oz / 15 ml
- Remover: 1 bottle: 2 fl oz / 59 ml
Feel great about where it comes from:
- What's it made from?
- Polish: Water, acrylates copolymer, neem oil, shade-specific natural pigment(s)/shimmer (all listed in footnote).
- Remover: 1,3-dioxolane, algin, coconut fragrance oil, aloe vera, vitamin E
- Organic? Not yet!
- Manufactured in EU? Not yet! - USA
- What's it packaged in? Glass bottle with polypropylene (PP - highly-recyclable plastic) cap/applicator
- Shipping packaging from UK to us: Cardboard and paper only, no plastic (they started using shredded paper instead of bubblewrap at our request - yay!)
- Plastic-free? Not yet - the polish cap/applicator, and remover bottle, are plastic
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Not yet!
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- The American EWG rates Piggy Paint and SOPHi jointly as the #1 safest nail polishes - see its list of nail polishes here - the first few pages are almost entirely Piggy Paint and SOPHi - and all the polishes we stock in Ireland are rated '1-2' (lowest risk)
- Great for ages: All ages. Safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Shelf life: Several years
- Awards: Delicious Living Beauty & Body Awards 2016; ECRM Most Innovative Product Award 2016; recommended by 'Amercian Spa' magazine and 'Pregnancy & Newborn' magazine
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Replace plastic in bottles with more sustainable material; manufacture in EU; organic raw materials
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Polish is biodegradable; not compostable yet. Containers are not biodegradable
- Reusable refillable? We hope to offer refills soon
- Recyclable? Yes
Tips for use:
- If you'd like the polish to last, set a timer and blow with a hairdryer (medium heat and speed) for 60 seconds
- For salon-quality glam, use Basecoat, then coloured polish, then Topcoat, then Sealer
- The remover is safe and healthy, not fast (so far, one cannot have both!), so let it soak for a minute then use an orange stick or equivalent to push the polish down off each nail
* Colorants/shimmers (different selection used to create each shade): red 34 lake, ultramarines, iron oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, red 28, yellow 10, violet 2, zinc sulfide/copper, copper flake, orange 5, and red 22