Nail polish primer & sealer: 1 bottle with in-built applicator: 0.5 fl oz / 15 ml.
As a primer, this provides a sticky surface that dries in seconds and allows the polish to adhere. As a sealer, use it after polish and Shine Topcoat to provide a final seal for amazing durability.
- Start with clean nails. Apply Primer & Sealer, let air-dry;
- Add coloured polish. Set a timer: use a warm hairdryer on low-speed to dry each coat for exactly 60 seconds;
- Add Shine Topcoat and blow dry;
- Add Primer & Sealer and blow dry.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- What's it made from? Methoxypropanol
- Organic? Not yet!
- Manufactured in EU? Not yet! - USA
- What's it packaged in? Glass jar with polypropylene (PP - highly-recyclable plastic) cap/applicator
- Shipping packaging from Piggy Paint UK to us: Cardboard and paper only, no plastic (they started using shredded paper instead of bubblewrap at our request - yay!)
- Plastic-free? Not yet - the cap/applicator is plastic
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Not yet!
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- The American EWG rates our SOPHi polishes the #1 safest (alongside Piggy Paint), including this Primer & Sealer
- Great for ages: All ages. Also, safe to use during pregnancy.
- Shelf life: Several years
- Awards: Delicious Living Beauty & Body Awards 2016; ECRM Most Innovative Product Award 2016; recommended by 'American Spa' magazine and 'Pregnancy & Newborn' magazine
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Replace PP lid/applicator with more sustainable material; manufacture in EU; organic raw materials
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable compostable? Polish is biodegradable; we're not sure about compostable yet. Container is glass and plastic, i.e., not biodegradable
- Reusable refillable? We hope to offer refills soon
- Recyclable? Yes