At 9 years old, Eugenie Clark developed an unexpected passion for sharks after a visit to the Battery Park Aquarium in New York City.
At the time, sharks were seen as mindless killing machines, but Eugenie knew better and set out to prove it.
Despite many obstacles in her path, Eugenie was able to study the creatures she loved so much. From her many discoveries to the shark-related myths she dispelled, Eugenie's wide scientific contributions led to the well-earned nickname "Shark Lady."
- Raw materials from Europe? China :-( That's 22,000km of 'book-miles'. We're wrestling with whether to apply our 'made in Europe? criterion to books, as they are a side-line to our toys, and we only retail don't distribute so our influence on producers is limited.
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? No - China
- What's it made from? Paper and cardboard only
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
- Great for ages: 3-6
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: TBC