Our sensory kit is particularly targeted at the very youngest for messy play, and at those with additional needs. This kit allows for multi-sensory play, providing open-ended or guided play opportunities. Encourages interaction and joint-awareness experiences and allows investigation and experimentation, promoting physical and imagination play.
Our kits have had amazing feedback from customers of all abilities and most particularly from children (and adults!) on the autism spectrum. They are mesmerising and engaging.
Borrow this kit for an event, party, or just for a special week with your child!
What it contains:
- A pair of giant bubble wands (40 cm);
- 1 giant bubble rope (for making massive bubbles);
- 1 multi-loop rope (for making loads of giant bubbles);
- 1 mini-multi-loop rope (for making loads of smaller bubbles);
- 1 hand wand (for easier control while bubble-ing) - can be formed into lots of shapes (see photo);
- 1 bubble foamer (for making long snakes of bubble foam and bubble paintings);
- Booklet of sensory play information and activities for all abilities
- 3 litres of magical giant bubble mix (in 3 x 200ml bottles of 5x concentrate). 1 of each of 3 colours and scents. Blue smells of fresh mountain air; green smells of pine forest; yellow smells of citrus; red smells of red berry fruit.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? Yes except the cotton for the wicks (and Dr Zigs are working on that)
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Wales
- What's it made from?
- Biodegradable bubble mix: Plant-derived surfactants, plant-derived polymers, and biodegradable petroleum-derived polymers (which Dr Zigs are working on eliminating)
- Other elements: Fairtrade cotton (wick), sustainable wood (wand(s)), recycled plastic (bottle for bubble mix; 20-50% of it is recycled)
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard box only
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? No - the bubble mix bottles are recycled-and-recyclable plastic
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Yes - the bubble mix bottles are 20-50% recycled plastic
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable compostable? Bubble mix = yes (100% biodegradable in sunlight); wand(s) = yes (cotton and wood); bubble mix container = no (plastic)
- Reusable refillable? Yes - we hope to offer refills of bubble mix asap watch this space
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All (with close supervision for kids under age 3)
- Shelf life: At least 10 years
- Two Guinness Word Records!
- Most people making Giant Bubbles using tri-strings (giant bubble wands)
- Most people making Giant Bubbles using garlands (multi-wands)
- ''Best Buy Eco-Toy'' (The Independent)
- Safety standards met: EN71 EU toy safety standrads
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We'd love the bubble mix to come in solid form to remove the need for plastic bottles...talking about it with Paola!