"My arms stretch out all day long. I can be climbed, but I’m not a mountain.
What am I?
I am Oakheart, the oldest tree in the forest!"
Did you know that trees can talk to each other? Or that the oldest living thing is a tree? Let the ancient and mysterious Oakheart, the oldest and wisest tree in the forest, lead you through this beautiful guide to trees. Learn all about how they grow and survive, the many different types, why they are so important to humans, and tree folklore from around the world. Oakheart knows all the trees’ secrets, and he’s going to share them with you!
This collection of delightful stories and engaging facts will impart a love of nature, and inspire you to look after the world around you. Cute illustrations and tales that mix natural history with a splash of fantasy make for a book to enjoy time and again.
What it contains: 1 hardback book, 48 pages
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? China :-( That's 22,000km of 'book-miles'. We're wrestling with whether to apply our 'made in Europe' criterion to books, as they are a side-line to our toys, and we only retail don't distribute so our influence on producers is limited.
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in EU? No - China
- What's it made from? Paper and cardboard only
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 3-5 or so (what do you think?)
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: TBC
- Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Printing in Europe saves between 60% and 90% of a book's transport carbon - 60% if you print in Eastern Europe, 90% if you print in Ireland or UK. So, we wish this book were printed in Europe!