Christmas wouldn't be complete without party crackers. In Ireland we estimate that over 10 million are pulled every year! Laid end-to-end, they would stretch from here to the North Pole!
So we're partnering with Keep this Cracker to bring you the last box of crackers you'll ever buy. Because re-use is *the best* thing we can all do for the environment.
Unlike most crackers, 'Keep This Cracker' fill-your-own options come flat-packed, ready to be popped into shape. You fill them with your own small gifts / jokes / etc. They're made in Europe and wrapped and shipped entirely plastic-free. And most importantly...the patented construction allows the user to easily replace the snap without any glue or mess...so you can use them again next year (or later the same day)!
These crackers do "pop" when pulled (watch and listen the first video below for a demo), but the snaps have no gunpowder so no loud bang or smell.
To reuse, simply replace the Ecosnap® (which you can also buy from us) or get gunpowder snaps from "pound shop" type stores in the run-up to Christmas. Ecosnap® is recyclable and compostable, made in UK, and exclusive to Keep This Cracker and approved stockists
Full instructions are included.
These go really well with our gift sets of 6 Christmas PLAYin CHOC ToyChocs - 6 different Christmassy toys to build, 6 different fun fact cards about those toys, and 12 yummy organic vegan plastic-free chocolates. Empty them into your crackers and you're all set!
Other ideas to fill your crackers with: puzzle pieces, family in-jokes, photos of happy memories, cards from a card game, seeds, home-made treats.
Dimensions of each cracker: When made-up, the area to fill with a gift is 11.5 x 5.5 x 5.5cm, while the entire cracker is 30cm long
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes UK
- What's it made from? Sustainability-certified* folding box board (paper from responsible sources), and ribbons made in the UK from recycled plastic bottles (so much to love about this product!)
- What's it packaged in? Paper sleeve
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Reused cardboard boxes; no plastic
- Plastic-free? 100% free of new plastic - only plastic element is the ribbons which are 100% recycled from plastic bottles
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
* We're not allowed mention which certificate because of bizarre bureaucracy, for details search our site for 'Not allowed to say FSC'.
- Biodegradable compostable?Yes except the ribbons
- Reusable refillable? Yes!
- Recyclable? Yes
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: None apply
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None!