The world's first bodyboard made of recycled material! PRIDE recycled bodyboards are made in France from at least 63% recycled polyethylene (PE)! The world avoids 2 tonnes of virgin PE per year thanks to this 1 company's innovation - that's 12 tonnes of CO2 avoided - it would have taken 550 trees to absorb that. Now imagine the impact when this becomes the new normal!
PRIDE is the brand used by the reigning world men's and women's bodyboard champions. We love that it's a leader in its industry going eco...this is the best way to make eco the new normal.
Stereo is an entry-level bodyboard combining quality and eco-friendly materials - it will give you plenty of thrills at an affordable price. Suitable for cold, temperate, or warm water.
The size you need depends on the user's bodyweight (shown in brackets below). Buying one for your family to share? Choose the size to suit the biggest person who'll use it.
If your child already loves bodyboarding and is looking for an improver, rather than a beginner, board, try the PRIDE Timeless Recycled.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? TBC
- Organic? Not yet!
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - France
- What's it made from?
- Core: 63% recycled polyethylene (PE), 37% virgin PE (100% recycled isn't strong enough to work as a bodyboard)
- Stiffeners: 1x Carbon Fibre Stringer
- Deck: 8pcf IXL PE Deck Skin
- Slick: HD Slick Skin
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard and paper only, no plastic
- Plastic-free? No - 63% recycled plastic and 37% virgin plastic
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Yes - 63% recycled PE
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable/ compostable? No
- Reusable / refillable? Yes!
- Recyclable? Yes - at civic amenity centres - it's the same material many election posters are made from
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All children must be closely supervised when playing in water. These boards are great for use under close supervision by children from 113cm tall up t adults
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: TBC
- Solvent-free? TBC
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: TBC
- Search terms: surf, surfing, beach, swim, swimming, pool