A plastic-free savannah to assemble and play with.
What it contains: Printed, pre-cut playboard sheets from which to pop-out and build your elephant, giraffe, gazelle, zebra, rhino, meerkats, oxpecker, hornbill, lions, and an ostrich! 38 pieces. Plus language-free instruction booklet your child can follow by themselves.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - UK and Finland
- Organic? Not yet!
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - UK and Finland
- What's it made from? PEFC-certified new cardboard, plus water-based, non-toxic inks, sealants and varnishes
- What's it packaged in? PEFC-certified new cardboard
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard and paper only, no plastic
- Plastic-free? Yes
- Vegan? Yes including glues and inks
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No, trials with recycled card did not give the strength and density required, so it's made from PEFC-certified new card.
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable/ compostable? Biodegradable; but we won't recommend composting until we check the glues and inks are suitable
- Reusable refillable? No
- Recyclable? Yes! 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 4+. Not suitable for children under 3 - contains small parts
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: The paper mill boasts ISO 9001 (quality assurance) and ISO 14001 (environmental management) standards
- Safety standards met: Directive 2009/48/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the safety of toys, including requirements EN 71-1 (mechanical and physical properties) and EN 71-2 (flammability)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: It's near-perfect! <3 <3 <3 But we'd love it certified vegan and compostable (watch this space)
Search terms: flatpacked, farm, farmer, animals