These beautiful 100% natural play silks are an open-ended toy, encouraging children's imaginations and nurturing their creativity.
They are light, yet strong, and the edges of each playsilk are hand-hemmed.
Great for dressing- up games, creating landscapes, as drapes for a puppet theatre, for performing magic tricks, juggling and much, much more.
Made from natural silk and plant-dyed.
What it contains: A 27cm x 27cm play silk
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? No - China
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? No - China
- What's it made from? Natural silk, plant dyes
- What's it packaged in? Paper sheath
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? No - made from natural silk from silk worms
- Animal-cruelty-free? Not tested on animals, but the use of silk worms to produce silk is debated as to whether it's cruelty
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes with all cloth
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: Meets European Safety Standards
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We wish it were made in Europe? but no silk is made here, so we are offsetting the transport carbon of shipping from China instead
Care instructions: All playsilks are colour-fast and can be hand-washed, they can even be ironed on a medium setting.