Ahoy, me hearties! Get stranded on a tropical island with the most adventurous of crews through the Playpress Pirate Island Set.
A plastic-free set with pirates and crew to assemble and play with.
What it contains: Printed, pre-cut playboard sheets from which to pop-out and build three pirates, a boat, treasure chest, treasure, a parrot, accessories, then turn the pack into a colourful secret hideaway island! 35 pieces. Plus language-free instruction booklet your child can follow by themselves.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - UK and Finland
- Organic? No not yet
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - UK and Finland
- What's it made from? PEFC-certified new cardboard, plus water-based, non-toxic inks, sealants and varnishes
- What's it packaged in? PEFC-certified new cardboard
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard and paper only, no plastic
- Plastic-free? Yes
- Vegan? Yes, vegan friendly including glues and inks
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No, trials with recycled card did not give the strength and density required, so it's made from PEFC-certified new card.
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Biodegradable; but we won't recommend composting until we check the glues and inks are suitable
- Reusable / refillable? No
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 4+. Not suitable for children under 3 - contains small parts
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: The paper mill boasts ISO 9001 (quality assurance) and ISO 14001 (environmental management) standards
- Safety standards met: Directive 2009/48/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on the safety of toys, including requirements EN 71-1 (mechanical and physical properties) and EN 71-2 (flammability)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: It's near-perfect! <3 <3 <3 But we'd love it certified vegan and compostable (watch this space).