Make and send your own plantable greeting cards!
Draw on the paper and send to your loved one.
They just bury the card under 0.5cm of soil, water it and keep it moist and warm (indoors if it's cold or too hot outside), and watch their wildflowers bloom! The photo of flowers is of a test with this paper.
Handmade from a recycled paper pulp which, whilst drying, has living wildflower seeds added to it.
What it contains:
- 200gsm A5 sheets (that you fold in half and draw / write / paint on to make 10x A6 notelets)
- 100% post-consumer-recycled kraft paper C6 envelopes , 100gsm (to fit your folded notelets), gummed
The wildflower seeds included are:
- Golden Ball Chrysanthemum
- Gypsophila Elegans (white)
- Antirrhinum (mixed colours) - a native Irish wildflower
- Iberis Umbellata (mixed colours) - a native Irish wildflower
- Lobularia Snowcloth
- Ageratum Blue mink
- Petunia (mixed colours)
- Godetia Azalea double (mixed colours)
- Dorotheanthus (mixed colours)
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? Envelopes from Germany; we understood the seeded paper was made in the Netherlands but just found out that 'producer' actually imported it from Asia :-( we won't reorder from them
- Organic? Unclear
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Germany, Netherlands, Ireland
- What's it made from?
- 200gsm recycled paper and seeds for the cards
- 100gsm 100% post-consumer recycled kraft paper for the envelopes
- What's it packaged in? Glassine paper bag
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Yes - recycled paper
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Not sure recycling would appreciate the seeds but you can plant or compost the card, and the envelope is perfect for recycling.
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: Seeds don't say alive forever - please plant within a year for best results (although they say the seeds might be ok for 3-4 years)
- Standards met: TBC
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We need to source European-made seeded paper
Search terms: memory, birthday card, seeded, growing, greeting card