Matte, bright-red nail polish - 1 bottle with in-built kiddie-sized applicator: 0.5 fl oz / 15 ml.
Feel great about where it comes from
- What's it made from? Water, acrylates copolymer, neem oil, shade-specific natural pigment(s)/shimmer (all listed in footnote)
- Organic? Not yet!
- Manufactured in Europe? Not yet! - USA
- What's it packaged in? Glass jar with polypropylene (PP - highly-recyclable plastic) cap/applicator
- Shipping packaging from Piggy Paint UK to us: Cardboard and paper only, no plastic (they started using shredded paper instead of bubblewrap at our request - yay!)
- Plastic-free? Not yet - the cap/applicator is plastic
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Not yet!
Feel great about you and your child using it
- The American EWG rates Piggy Paint the #1 safest nail polish
- Great for ages: Safe for adults or children to use on people of all ages. It is even safe to paint your baby or toddler’s piggies. Also, safe to use during pregnancy.
- Shelf life: Several years
- Awards: Recommended by Kourtney Kardashian, the ACE Family, Mila Stauffer, and a long list of magazines and blogs including Elle, OK!, Woman's World, Teen Vogue, US Weekly, Delicious, Family Fun, Whole Living, Parents, Nails, Bop, Parenting, Southern Lady, iVillage, Nickelodeon Parents Connect, ediTORIal, Pregnancy & Newborn, ecomom, People Moms & Babies, Daily Candy, Real Simple, Glam.com, seventeen, the Stir
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Replace PP lid/applicator with more sustainable material; manufacture in Europe? organic raw materials
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it
- Biodegradable compostable?/strong> Polish is biodegradable; we're not sure about compostable yet. Container is glass and plastic, i.e., not biodegradable
- Reusable refillable? We hope to offer refills soon
- Recyclable? Yes
* Colorants/shimmers (different selection used to create each shade): red 34 lake, ultramarines, iron oxide, titanium dioxide, mica, red 28, yellow 10, violet 2, zinc sulfide/copper, copper flake, orange 5, and red 22