AS SEEN ON LATE LATE TOY SHOW 2023
Colour-in your own Christmas Stockings and bring festive cheer to your mantelpiece with your very own design!
Handmade in Dublin by fellow social enterprise We Make Good, who supports people with challenges to develop new skills and employment prospects by making products like this.
A great gift for young and old alike. Use any textile paint / textile markers / textile crayons you already have, or add a pack of our eco-friendly, plastic-free, made-inj-Europe textile crayons.
What it contains: Christmas Stocking with motif 'Festive Party'. Dimensions: 47cm long, lower width 31cm, opening width 21cm. And, if you choose an option including textile crayons, then a pack of 6 or 15 textile crayons that work great on all natural fabrics - lovely for t-shirts, aprons, backpacks - and cotton Christmas stockings of course!
- Raw materials from Europe? Crayons - yes; stocking - no, cotton doesn't grow here
- Organic? Yes - not certified
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Dublin City centre :)
- What's it made from? Stocking: Organic cotton canvas, plastic ribbon, Textile crayons: Vegetable waxes, beeswax, vegetable stearines, harmless color pastes and pigments
- What's it packaged in? Compostable film with compostable label, plus cardboard box for the crayons
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard
- Plastic-free? Almost, the ribbon contains minor plastic but the producer is moving to plastic-free ribbons in the next few weeks!
- Vegan? No - textile crayons include beeswax
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused, upcycled, or recycled? No
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes except the ribbon - but better to recycle the textiles as below
- Reusable / refillable? No
- Recyclable? Yes, as a textile - see MyWaste.ie for details on how
- Great for ages: 3+ (or younger with close adult supervision - the textile crayons are a small part / choking hazard for kids under 3 years)
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: Watch this space!
- Safety standards met: This is not a toy, so meeting safety standards is not a requirement. We would recommend to always follow our age recommendations and use parent supervision with this product
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? n/a
- Peanut-free? n/a
- Soy-free? n/a
- Lactose-free? n/a
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? n/a
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We love this beautiful stocking and can't wait for the supplier to move to 100% plastic-free ribbons
How to use your textile crayons: First, wash and dry the textile if possible. Put some paper or card under the textile surface you want to decorate (e.g., between the t-shirt front and back). Draw on a firm surface. When you're finished, cover your drawing with absorbant paper and iron from the back side of the fabric without steam until no more colour adheres to paper. Then, iron your drawing from the front side without paper. Wait at least 2 days before washing, which you can do at up to 40°C with a mild detergent and without bleach.