An easy experiment for parents to set up, then the kids take over! Younger children can draw what they see as the seed germinates, and older children can write and draw their experiment's findings!
The germination of a seed always feels like a miracle! Use this complete kit to do experiments, and capture your observations, to understand it.
For example this kit demonstrated the role of light in plant growth, by making the stem find its way through the labyrinth tower.
The humble bean that you know well will not seem the same when you have watched it germinate and grow.
What it contains:
- Explanatory booklet on germination with quizzes, experiments and diagrams
- A mini fortress to build and observe germination at shade and light.
- 1 bag of magic bean seeds to germinate
- 1 terracotta dish (8 cm diameter)
- 1 coconut husk soil disk (30 mm) to rehydrate
- Instructions in English
- Box size: 15.5 x 10.5 x 7.5cm
Our advice: Repeat your observations every day, at the same time, for example when you come home from school at the end of the afternoon, to observe the evolution of the plants.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - France
- Organic? No, the seeds are not organic
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - France
- What's it made from? Cardboard, paper, recycled coconut husk soil, seeds
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard box only
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? Yes
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 4+
- Shelf life: TBC
- Safety standards met: N/A - it's a growing kit, not a toy per se
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes but packed in a facility that also packs peanut seeds, so we don't feel good about recommending if you are peanut-allergic.
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None - but you tell us, how could it be even better?