Face and body paint made as it was thousands of years ago, from clay, minerals, and other grown-by-plants natural ingredients - over 70% of which are Certified Organic. Washes off easily with water - no red faces or scrubbing with soap. Nourishes your skin with organic, fair-trade shea butter and organic castor seed oil. Vegan. Opaque, high-quality natural face paint!
Two things we're not happy with: It's made in the USA, and the paint pots are plastic. We've been searching for a European-made, plastic-free, *and natural* face paint - and when we find one, we'll switch to that! [Send suggestions!]
Natural Earth Face Paints are certifed non-toxic, and free of nano particles, heavy metals, parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, and animal products such as carmine.
Please note that this is face and body paint like was used thousands of years ago - completely natural, and made of clay and other natural ingredients. It's not as smooth and easy to handle as modern face paints, most of which worryingly rely on petroleum-derived and known-toxic ingredients including parabens.
What it contains: 6 jars of face paint (each contains 11 grams of paint) and 3 bamboo make-up applicators. Paint colors: red, yellow, green, blue, black, and white.
Feel great about where it comes from:
* Raw materials from EU? No :-( USA and other countries
* Organic? TBC
* Manufactured in EU? No :-( USA
* What's it made from? Paint: distilled water, natural clay & mineral pigments, organic castor seed oil, certified organic beeswax, certified organic fair-trade shea butter, cetearyl alcohol (from natural vegetable oils), carageenan seaweed, olive-mulse (olive based emulsifier), and 1% optiphen (a formaldehyde-free and paraben-free preservative). Now compare this with other brands - most of which contain dangerous parabens
* What's it packaged in? Paint jars are plastic :-(. Packaging is 100% recycled cardboard.
* Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Reused cardboard boxes; no plastic
* Plastic-free? Paint: yes! Paint jar is plastic. Other packaging is plastic-free
* Vegan? Yes
* Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
* Reused upcycled or recycled? Yes - cardboard is 100% recycled.
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
* Biodegradable compostable? Paint and cardboard packaging: yes! Paint jar (glass) and lids (plastic) are not
* Reusable refillable? Yes!
* Recyclable? Yes
Feel great about you and your child using it:
* Great for ages: All
* Shelf life: 2-3 years
* Safety standards met: CE-marked; 70% of ingredients are certified organically-grown
* Solvent-free? They include cetearyl alcohol (from natural vegetable oils) which is a natural solvent, but no smelly nasties!
* Gluten-free? Yes
* Peanut-free? Yes
* Soy-free? Yes
* Lactose-free? Yes
* Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
* Improvements we're working on in this product: None!
Natural Earth Face Paint tips:
- Allow time for the face paint to dry between layers to achieve a more professional and detailed application.
- Use the make-up sponge to blend colors, to create a soft, hazy look, or to coat the entire face with one color.
- Use tiny brushes and eyeshadow applicators for finer details.
- Rinse all brushes with soap and water after use so they'll be ready for your next application.
- To speed drying time of paints, dust cornstarch over wet face paint.
- Mix colors to get a wider range of colors (remember, red + yellow = orange; blue + red = purple…)
- Use black or violet to darken colors.
- Moisten Applicators before dipping in paint to make more fluid paint
- Keep the jar lids securely closed after each use.