Following the bestselling Naturama, Michael Fewer and Melissa Doran return with an activity book that encourages young readers to discover for themselves the magic of nature right on their doorstep.
Season by season, the book is packed with outdoor projects that include making a nest box for birds, adopting a tree, making an insect hotel and moon gazing.
But it is perhaps the field guide sections, which encourage observation, collecting and the creation of their very own nature journal, that will be most loved by children in years to come.
The charming My Naturama Nature Journal will provide hours of entertainment for budding naturalists everywhere - whatever the season.
Michael Fewer is an architect, environmentalist and writer. He has published work over the last 25 years on subjects varying from architectural history and travel to walking and nature guides. Previous books included Naturama (Gill Books), Michael Fewer’s Ireland, The Wicklow Military Road and Rambling Down the Suir (Ashfield Press). He lives in Dublin.
Melissa Doran works in Dublin as an Illustrator. The natural world inspires her work and she uses a combination of hand-drawing and digital collage to create her drawings. She also teaches digital illustration and runs art workshops for children and adults. She is the illustrator of Naturama.
What it contains: 240-page paperback book. Size: 145 x 195 x 21mm
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes
- What's it made from? Paper and cardboard only, from 'managed forests'
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused, upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages:
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None, very happy with this printed-in-Europe book :-)