Little David grew up in Leicester on the campus of a university, where his father was a professor. As a child, he spent hours in the science library, collating his own specimens and creating a mini animal museum. When he was old enough to go to university, he studied science and zoology - but what he wanted most of all was to be close to the animals he was studying. So, he started working in television, visiting animals in their natural habitats and telling the world the untold stories of these animals.
Babies and toddlers will love to snuggle as you read to them the engaging story of this fascinating broadcaster and natural historian, and will also enjoy exploring the stylish and quirky illustrations of this sturdy board book on their own.
This board book is told in simple sentences, perfect for reading aloud to babies and toddlers. Inspire the next generation of outstanding people who will change the world with Little People, BIG DREAMS!
What it contains: 1 hardback book, 24 Pages. Book Size: 126 x 156 x 17
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? No - China :-( That's 22,000km of 'book-miles'. We're wrestling with whether to apply our 'made in Europe? criterion to books, as they are a side-line to our toys, and we only retail don't distribute so our influence on producers is limited.
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? No - China
- What's it made from? TBC
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: suitable for babies and toddlers
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: TBC
- Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? N/A
- Gluten-free? N/A
- Peanut-free? N/A
- Soy-free? N/A
- Lactose-free? N/A
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Printing in Europe saves between 60% and 90% of a book's transport carbon - 60% if you print in Eastern Europe, 90% if you print in Ireland or UK. So, we wish this book were printed in Europe.