My Irish Teddy is ideal for babies, made from cotton with dangling arms and legs and machine-washable at 30C. This is a teddy to hold, to play with, and to keep - an ideal first teddy. “My Irish Bunny” is embroidered on the paw.
Handmade in Cavan by the incredible Anke and team at Bear Essentials. In an age when nearly all soft toys are made in Asia from plastic, we are beyond excited to be stocking a made-in-Ireland, natural-materials soft toy!
What it contains: 30cm tall/long stuffed toy
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? No - cotton doesn't grow here!
- Organic? No. This is our first batch of teddies from this maker. If these are popular we'll ask the maker to consider an organic batch for us next year
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - handmade in Ireland, from fabric and stuffing made in Germany
- What's it made from? 100% cotton outer, cotton/polyester mix stuffing
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? No - the stuffing includes some polyester (plastic) fibres
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes - together with other textiles. See MyWaste.ie A to Z for how to recycle anything in Ireland.
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All!
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: TBC
- Safety standards met: European toy safety standards (CE-marked)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We'd love the cotton to be organic (here's why this is important) and the polyester stuffing to be recycled - we'll work on these next year. Otherwise we are very happy to stock this made-in-Ireland toy!