NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
"I made up my mind to try. I tried and I was successful." - Bessie Coleman.
Did you know the treatment for leprosy was developed by a young scientist called Alice Ball? And Josephine Baker - world famous cabaret singer and dancer - was also a spy for the French resistance?
Featuring 40 trailblazing black women in the world's history, this book educates and inspires as it relates true stories of women who broke boundaries and exceeded all expectations.
Debut author/illustrator Vashti Harrison pairs captivating text with stunning illustrations as she tells the stories of both iconic and lesser-known female figures of black history, including: Nurse Mary Seacole, Politician Diane Abbott, Mathematician Katherine Johnson, Singer Shirley Bassey.
Inspire your own little leader with the stories of these amazing women.
What it contains: 1 paperback book, 96 pages
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? Yes - Italy
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Italy
- What's it made from? Paper and cardboard only
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: At 96 pages we reckon age 6+
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: New York Times bestseller
- Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None, very happy with this printed-in-Europe book!