Weaving is a lot of fun!
A simple way of learning how to use a needle and creating something beautiful to last! This weaving kit is made in Germany and is 100% plastic free. It comes with everything you need for an introduction into weaving.
Once finished, the weaving plate is placed in a stand and makes as a really lovely design object for a long time to come. Each kit comes with easy to follow instructions and some interesting facts!
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Europe (except wool)
- Organic? The maker is working towards an all organic approach. They are currently in the process of changing their wool to a 100% GOTS certified wool from Peru.
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Germany
- What's it made from? The weaving plates are from sustainably managed European forests. No tropical wood is used for them. 100% natural wool (soon to be GOTS certified), metal (needle).
- What's it packaged in? Label and other paper used is based on recycled fibres. Instead of using transparent plastic bags as packaging, transparent but not completely transparent cellulose-based paper is used. This is made from pure cellulose, 100% recyclable and fully compostable. All made in Germany.
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: All packed in corrugated cardboard boxes. The filling material is 100% plastic-free.
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? No
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
- Biodegradable / compostable? Compostable as made entirely of natural materials
- Reusable / refillable? No
- Recyclable? Yes
- Great for ages: 3+
- Shelf life: indefinite
- Awards: TBC
- Safety standards met: Yes, European toy safety standards (EN71)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We think it is great but let us know what you think!