Wet felting is a relaxing technique for making 2D cloths or 3D shapes from natural wool - bowls, scarves, hats, bags, decorations.
There is something very peaceful and zen in taking wool fiber and magically creating a unique piece of colorful fabric. It's like magic watching individual fibers meshing together into fabric!
Each piece of wet-felted felt is completely unique - there is no way to replicate the intricacies of each lock of wool. Even using the same type and colour of wool, the resulting piece will be different.
This beautiful kit gives everything you need to learn wet felting in a fun way.
Handmade in a small studio in Spain, using nearly all sustainable and locally-sourced materials, it will get you started making felt bowls, with step-by-step instructions and a video tutorial.
A lovely gift for a special person, or treat for yourself to learn something new!
Please note, this kit is designed for adults. So it's the perfect gift for adults or teenagers, and whilst there's no reason not to enjoy it together with children, it's not CE-marked and hasn't been toy-safety tested, so is not suitable for kids to use on their own.
What it contains: 50 gr of transhumance Merino wool, Diffuser, Handmade Natural Soap bar, Handmade Natural Soap Shavings, Bamboo mat for kneading the felt, FOAM sheet, Polyester cloth kneading board, Bowl mold, Illustrated step-by-step instructions, Link to video tutorial, Hand printed natural cotton bag
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Spain
- Organic? No
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Spain
- What's it made from? Cardboard, Merino wool, bamboo, natural soap organic cotton and contains some plastic
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard Box
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard
- Plastic-free? No but almost - the kit contains a diffuser made of plastic
- Vegan? No - but this kit includes a lot of vegan elements
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? No - due to the plastic elements it is not but this kit includes elements also that are biodegradable like wood, cardboard and cotton
- Reusable / refillable? Yes - all the tools are reusable
- Recyclable? The kit boxes are recyclable
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: This product is designed as a craft kit for adults and has not been tested or certified for use as a toy by children
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: Not yet
- Safety standards met: This is a craft kit for teens and adults and does not require safety-testing as a toy for children. At the moment it does not carry the CE mark but the maker is starting the CE approval process soon. Based on what the kits are made of and what they contain, we are confident it will pass.
- Solvent-free? No
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: The maker is starting the process to have these kits accredited as safe for use as a toy by children (CE-marking)
Care/use instructions: All kits come with complete instructions and user video links