Learn to make your own notebook!
Work with pre-bound notebook bodies already prepared for binding. Get an insight into how to make the covers, endings, and closures of a notebook.
This kit was handmade for you in a small studio in Spain from as-sustainable and as-local materials as is humanly possible right now,
The ideal kit to start bookbinding in a fun and easy way.
Includes full instructions and a link to a video tutorial.
Please note, this kit is designed for adults. So it's the perfect gift for adults or teenagers, and whilst there's no reason not to enjoy it together with children, it's not CE-marked and hasn't been toy-safety tested, so is not suitable for kids to use on their own.
What it contains: 1 bottle of special glue for bookbinding 50ml, 1 pre-binder made in Italy, 1 piece of 100% cotton fabric, 1 set of pieces of glued cardboard, X2 pieces of laid paper for the cover, Illustrated instructions, Link to video tutorial, Kraft cardboard box made in the Fábrica de Texturas workshop, hand stamped.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Spain
- Organic? No
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Spain
- What's it made from? Cardboard, cotton, glue, paper
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard Box
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard
- Plastic-free? No but almost - the kit contains glue
- Vegan? No - but this kit includes a lot of vegan elements
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? No - due to the plastic elements it is not but this kit includes elements also that are biodegradable like wood, cardboard and cotton
- Reusable / refillable? Yes - all the tools are reusable
- Recyclable? The kit boxes are recyclable
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: This product is designed as a craft kit for adults and has not been tested or certified for use as a toy by children
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: Not yet
- Safety standards met: This is a craft kit for teens and adults and does not require safety-testing as a toy for children. At the moment it does not carry the CE mark but the maker is starting the CE approval process soon. Based on what the kits are made of and what they contain, we are confident it will pass.
- Solvent-free? No
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: The maker is starting the process to have these kits accredited as safe for use as a toy by children (CE-marking)
Care/use instructions: All kits come with complete instructions and user video links