A stylish, organic-cotton wrap sling for your child to carry their dolls and soft toys.
Cool and comfortable to wear. Adjustable, one size fits all. 91% organic GOTS-certified cotton and 9% elastane. Machine-washable.
"Easy to use" says the maker...my personal take: only easy if the adult helping the child wear it is an experienced wrap-sling babywearer - see how to wear video below. Honestly I wouldn't gift this to a family that doesn't wear a 'real' baby in a wrap sling, I think it risks being too fussy to put on and not getting used.
What it contains: 1 organic cotton wrap sling, sized for children and dolls (not adults and real babies).
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? No - Turkey (much closer than China where most things are made!)
- Organic? Yes the cotton is 100% certified organic
- Manufactured in EU? No - Turkey (much closer than China where most things are made!)
- What's it made from? 91% organic cotton (certified OCS 100 - Organic Content Standard) plus 9% elastane (plastic fibre - necessary for stretch to make the wrap work)
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? 91% plastic-free (see above re elastane)
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Not yet!
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? 91% yes, 9% no
- Reusable / refillable? Yes - long-lasting; sell it on when you're done with it
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 3+
- Warning: Any long garment like this is a potential choking hazard for young children, please supervise your children closely.
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: N/A - not technically a toy
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We wish the 9% stretchy fibre were natural or recycled...let us see what we can discover about this in 2021
Care/use instructions: Machine-washable, please follow the instructions on the label