Hope Jones wants to do something to protect the environment and prevent climate change. But what can she do? She’s just an ordinary 10 year old girl.
Hope has a new year’s resolution: to give up plastic.
She soon discovers that there is plastic everywhere. In her home and her school. In the shops. Living without plastic is almost impossible! Even her pet cat uses plastic. But Hope doesn’t give up.
She contacts the local supermarket, asking them to stop using so much plastic on their shelves.
Soon she starts to make a difference. She inspires her friends and neighbours. And even gets invited to meet the owner of the supermarket!
“With the pizzazz and humour that make his Dragonsitter books so popular, Josh Lacey tells the story of one girl’s efforts to save the planet…There are great illustrations throughout, and it all makes for a fast, entertaining and positive read. Hooray for Hope Jones!” - Andrea Reece, Lovereading.co.uk.
What it contains: 1 paperback book, 176 pages
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - UK
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - UK
- What's it made from? Paper and cardboard only
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages:
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: Shortlisted for the Little Rebels Award 2021
- Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Very happy with this printed-in-Europe book!