Beautiful, beautiful rainbows handmade in Ireland!
What it contains: 1 macrame rainbow to hang on your wall
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? Unclear as they include salvaged
- Organic? Not yet
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Galway, Ireland!
- What's it made from
- Acrylic/cotton wool (the maker doesn't buy acrylic wool but is using-up her stash!)
- Raw cotton macrame rope
- Steel/Copper welding wire (salvaged)
- Polyester thread
- Wooden bead
- Small bit of glue on back to secure thread
- What's it packaged in? Nothing!
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Nearly! It's hard to get non-plastic thread; and the maker doesn't buy acrylic wool but is using-up her stash!
- Vegan? No - includes sheepswool
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused or upcycled? Yes!
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable compostable? Much of it - the cotton, the wood - but not the steel, copper, polyester thread, or acrylic yarn
- Reusable refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All - as a decoration, not a toy
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We look forward to the maker using-up their acrylic yarn so we get the 100% plastic-free version, but we're delighted to support her meanwhile! But let us know your suggestions!