Superglue for repair and for crafts (especially crafts involving gluing things at angles to each other, like some of our Sophie et Martin papercraft kits).
Not remotely eco-friendly in its own composition - but helps keep things in use and out of bins through repair, so very Earth-kind overall.
The Gorilla Glue Company is 2 decades own and still family-owned and -operated in Cincinnati, Ohio. The glue was first discovered being used in Indonesia on teak furniture, but consumers soon found it to be incredibly versatile and demand soared.
Warning: I don't think the intended irony of the below video comes across, but it's a great demo of the "keep it out of the bin" power of this glue :-)
What it contains: 15g of gel superglue in a precision-application tube
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? No - TBC
- Organic? No
- Manufactured in Europe? No - USA
- What's it made from?
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard with (recyclable, but still we hate it) plastic cover
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? No
- Vegan? Yes
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? No
- Reusable / refillable? No
- Recyclable? Cardboard packaging - yes; tube - tbc
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: Teens and adults only - not suitable for children
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: TBC
- Safety standards met: TBC
- Solvent-free? No
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Not at all - don't get it on anything you don't want it to stay on!
- Improvements we're working on in this product: We wish there were a biodegradable, natural-material superglue but there isn't.