Reuse is queen! So we're helping you fix your toys (and bikes, chairs, glasses, zips, mugs, and everything else) with this new product: FixIts!
- Dunk in freshly-boiled water for 1-2 minutes to soften. Mold, and let it harden for 5 minutes.
- Made from plants, not petroleum
- Remoldable - just pop back into freshly-boiled water!
- Compostable (in your home organic waste bin)!
- Fix anything rigid - or make something you need - replace a piece for a game or toy. Can be textured and painted on (with acrylic (plastic - boo!) paints only though - like sticks to like). You can mix colours. Great for model making and miniatures.
- Made locally in the UK
- Strong: 1 FixIts stick can hold over 16kg
See the little book of FixIts (tips, tricks and ideas) here.
What it contains: 8 sticks of (re-)moldable bioplastic. Each stick is 150mm x 16mm x 3.5mm and about 10g weight
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? tbc
- Organic? No
- Manufactured in Europe?ope? Yes - UK
- What's it made from? Bioplastic - an innovative, carbon-neutral material made from plants, making it carbon-neutral because plants absorb carbon as they grow - whereas petroleum-based plastic has a carbon footprint of up to 6 times its own weight in CO2.
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard only
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? 100% free of petroleum-derived plastic. Made of bioplastic (from plants)
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes - industrially compostable (organic / food waste bin) if / when you ever finish with it
- Reusable / refillable? Yes - can be remolded as often as you like
- Recyclable? Not sure - tbc
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: Molding it involves hot water so only for people able to manage that safely. Once molded, it's safe for all ages but I wouldn't chew on it, and remember any small item presents a choking hazard to a young child
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: N/A
- Safety standards met: EU safety standards
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? TBC - could be messy if on clothes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None - but you tell us, how could it be even better?
Care instructions: FixIts is electrically insulating, but we advise you to stick to household electrical items under 24 volts