I'm afraid it'll be the new year before these are restocked. But we do have powder paint (also all edible ingredients) on its way to us and available to pre-order now, here: you sprinkle some out and add a few drops of water, just making-up enough for what will be used that day or that week. It's very lovely, suitable for fingerpainting, and paint as it was made 1000s of years ago. Hope that helps!
Mixable, dilutable, water-based, finger paint made in Europe from all food ingredients...what's not to like? Choose from:
- 100ml in glass (price includes a €1 refundable bottle deposit) - order below; or
- 100ml in your own packaging (empty paint bottle, clean jam jar, etc!) - EUR 2.49 but not listed below as not available online. Available in-person from PAX Westport, The Filling Station Galway, Shells Cafe Strandhill Sligo, and from us at markets (see our social media every Friday for where we'll be);
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? Yes - mainly Germany
- Organic? Not certified but some ingredients are
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Germany
- What's it made from? Natural foods and food additives, e.g.: food colors, natural color pigments, purified chalk, phenoxyethanol (preservative), denotium benzoate (to make it bitter so it doesn't get eaten). All in dosages that are approved for food.
- What's it packaged in? Glass jar (reusable, recyclable) with metal lid (reusable, recyclable)
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Large recyclable plastic buckets (which we then sold-on to be reused by someone else), small amount of 'cling film' plastic wrap not reusable or recyclable
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes except red which contains carmine (insect-based pigment)
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Not yet!
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Paint is not yet certified compostable but made from all food ingredients so it is. Put in your home compost or brown bin
- Reusable refillable? Yes! Refills available at the shops listed above; re-used the cute glass jars; or €1 jar deposit refund if you instead return the jar to the retailer.
- Recyclable? Glass is widely recycled, wash and put in your recycling bin
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: 30 months
- Safety standards met: EN 71 - the paint, not the glass jars - glass jars are not a toy - give the paint to the child on a plate and put the jars back in the cupboard
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? No
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Transport in solid form; organic raw materials; replace non-vegan ingredient in red pigment
[Search terms: fingerpaint, biopaint, refill, refills]