Mixable, dilutable, water-based, finger paint made in Europe from all food ingredients and available to buy packaging-free...what's not to like? Choose from:
- 100ml in your own packaging (empty paint bottle, clean jam jar, etc!) - EUR 2.49 but not listed below as not yet available online. Available in-person from Smallchanges in Drumcondra, PAX Westport, and from us at markets (see our social media every Friday for where we'll be);
- 100ml in glass (price includes a €1 refundable bottle deposit) - order below.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? Yes - mainly Germany
- Organic? Not certified but some ingredients are
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Germany
- What's it made from? Natural foods and food additives, e.g.: food colors, natural color pigments, purified chalk, phenoxyethanol (preservative), denotium benzoate (to make it bitter so it doesn't get eaten). All in dosages that are approved for food.
- What's it packaged in? Option 1: Nothing (bring your own container or take one of our clean jam jars). Option 2: Glass. Option 3: HDPE bottle that's 50% post-consumer recycled (and fully recyclable)
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Large recyclable plastic bucket, small amount of 'cling film' plastic wrap not reusable or recyclable
- Plastic-free? Paint: yes. Pumps on the glass bottles, and the HDPE bottle, are plastic
- Vegan? Yes except red and red-based colours (pink, orange, brown, purple) which contain carmine (insect-based pigment)
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Paint: not yet! Container: yes!
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Paint is not yet certified compostable but made from all food ingredients so it is. Put in your home compost or brown bin
- Reusable refillable? Yes! Refills available wherever this is sold. Or €1-€2 deposit refund if you instead return the HDPE bottle to the retailer.
- Recyclable? Glass and HDPE bottles are widely recycled, wash and put in your recycling bin
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: 30 months
- Safety standards met: EN 71
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? No
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Transport in solid form; organic raw materials; replace non-vegan ingredient in red pigment
[Search terms: fingerpaint, biopaint, refill, refills]