Mixable, dilutable, water-based, finger paint made in Europe from all food ingredients, packed in food-grade pots made in Europe from recycled water bottles. 100ml per pot.
What it contains
100ml in a food-safe 100% recycled plastic pot, with a virgin plastic lid.
Feel great about where it comes from
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Germany (paint), Netherlands (lid), Poland (Pots)
- Organic? Not certified but some ingredients are
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Germany (paint), Netherlands (pots)
- What's it made from? Natural foods and food additives, e.g.: food colors, natural color pigments, purified chalk, phenoxyethanol (preservative), denotium benzoate (to make it bitter so it doesn't get eaten). All in dosages that are approved for food.
- What's it packaged in? Certified food-safe 100% recycled PET plastic pot (made from used water bottles) with a virgin PP plastic lid (because no-one's making food-safe recycled PP lids...yet!), made in Europe. We checked the carbon footprint of this vs European-made glass vs Aluminium (all of which comes from China) and the recycled plastic pot with virgin plastic lid won hands-down!
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Pallet wrap (which we get recycled) and cardboard boxes
- Plastic-free? Paint: Yes; pot: no - 100% recycled PET pot, virgin PP lid
- Vegan? Yes except red which contains carmine (insect-based pigment)
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused, upcycled, or recycled? Yes the pot is 100% recycled food-safe PET
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it
- Biodegradable / compostable? Paint is not yet certified compostable but made from all food ingredients so it is as compostable as any food. Put in your home compost or brown bin
- Reusable refillable? Yes!
- Recyclable? Yes the pot can be recycled (again) and the lid can be recycled (for the first time), wash and put in your 'Green' home packaging recycling bin
Feel great about you and your child using it
- Great for ages: All
- Shelf life: 30 months from date of production (and we have it made twice a year) - so at least 2 years :-)
- Safety standards met: EN 71 European Toy Safety Standard (CE-marked)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? No
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Transport in solid form; organic raw materials; replace non-vegan ingredient in red pigment
[Search terms: fingerpaint, biopaint, refill, refills]