For the sensitive type (this plant can be very shy)!
The mimosa pudica or sensitive mimosa is a plant native to Louisiana. It's special in that it shies away when touched!
Its small pink flowers grow like pompoms!
What it contains:
- Terracotta pot 8 cm in diameter
- Terracotta dish 8 cm in diameter
- 6 cm coconut husk soil to rehydrate
- Sensitive mimosa seeds
- English instructions
Sow it indoors, and keep it well watered (it's very thirsty!) You'll have loads of leaves in no time!
Do not touch the young leaves too much as you risk damaging the plant. Wait until the plant has several fully-grown leaves.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - France
- Organic? No, the seeds are not organic
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - France
- What's it made from? Cardboard, paper, recycled coconut husk soil, seeds
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard box only
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? Yes
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 4+
- Shelf life: TBC
- Safety standards met: N/A - it's a growing kit, not a toy per se
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes but packed in a facility that also packs peanut seeds, so we don't feel good about recommending if you are peanut-allergic.
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None - but you tell us, how could it be even better?