Did you know that peanuts grow as tubers on the roots of the plant, and the plant must be dug-up to harvest them? Similar to potatoes (but needing more warmth to grow).
Use this kit to germinate the seeds, then replant in a larger pot or a sunny corner of your garden.
Be sure to roast the peanuts you grow before eating them.
What it contains:
- Terracotta pot 8 cm in diameter
- Terracotta dish 8 cm in diameter
- 6 cm wafer of coconut soil to rehydrate in a little lukewarm water
- 2 peanut seeds to sow (arachis hypogaea)
- Instructions in English
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - France
- Organic? No, the seeds are not organic
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - France
- What's it made from? Cardboard, paper, recycled coconut husk soil, seeds
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard box only
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? Yes
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 4+
- Shelf life: TBC
- Safety standards met: N/A - it's a growing kit, not a toy per se
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? No! Contains peanut seeds!
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None - but you tell us, how could it be even better?