Etienne -Jules Marey (1830 - 1904) was a renowned French scientist, physiologist, researcher, and chronophotography. His work was significant in the development of cardiology, physical equipment, aviation, cinematography, and the science of laboratory photography.
Unlike the motion studies of Eadweard Muybridge, who depicted movement as a series of discrete moments on separate, sequential negatives, Marey's analyses of motion are characterized by multiple exposures on a single photographic plate. He is widely considered to be a pioneer of photography and an influential precursor of the history of cinema.
This flipbook features 6 of his most famous studies, such as "Le Vol du Héron" or the “Falling Cat” (1894). You can switch between the different sequences by placing your thumb at the upper, middle, or lower edge of each side of the flipbook.
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Spain
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Spain
- What's it made from? Sustainability-certified*, chlorine-free 170gsm (lovely quality) paper
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard sleeve only
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
* We're not allowed mention which certificate because of bizarre bureaucracy, for details search our site for 'Not allowed to say FSC'.
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
- Great for ages: Maybe 10+ - needs quite a lot of focus which I know does happen in younger kids but not many of them in my experience!
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: N/A
- Safety standards met: N/A - it's a book
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None - but you tell us, how could it be even better?