Eadweard Muybridge (1830 - 1904) was an English photographer renowned for his groundbreaking work in the field of motion photography, and his early work in the projection of moving pictures.
Muybridge created motion studies of animals and people in motion – for example in walking, posing, and running positions – and these were added to discs and viewed in his zoopraxiscope, a device for projecting moving images that pre-dated the flexible perforated film strip used in cinematography.
This flipbook shows 6 of his most remarkable studies shot between 1877 and 1878, including the famous “Jumping Horse” or the “Lady jumping the Stool”, among others. You can switch between the different sequences by placing your thumb at the upper, middle, or lower edge of each side of the flipbook.
What it contains: A flipbook, size 12cm x 5cm x 2cm
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from EU? Yes - Spain
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in EU? Yes - Spain
- What's it made from? FSC, chlorine-free 170gsm (lovely quality) paper
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard sleeve only
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: Maybe 10+ - needs quite a lot of focus which I know does happen in younger kids but not many of them in my experience!
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: N/A
- Safety standards met: N/A - it's a book
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None - but you tell us, how could it be even better?