Made from natural beeswax and a small list of other ingredients so natural, they're all edible! Including a bitter-tasting edible salt to deter the crayons being eaten (the child would be fine but it'd be a waste of the crayons!)
A chunk shape that's easy for little hands to hold and rectangular (less choke-able than circular/spherical shapes - but please always supervise children under 3).
The flat edges work well for colouring-over leaves etc under the page; for shaving onto paper then melting with a warm hairdryer; you can get all kinds of creative :-)
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes- Germany
- Organic? Not yet certified but ingredients are sourced from local farms many of which practice organic farming
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Germany
- What's it made from? Vegetable stearines, pure beeswax (>25%), purified champagne chalk, lanolin (wool fat), silica acid, colourants (mostly food extracts plus some carefully-chosen organic pigments, stabilized earth- and mineral pigments)
- What's it packaged in? Sustainability-certified* cardboard box
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box
- Plastic-free? Yes
- Vegan? No - includes beeswax and lanolin
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused, upcycled or recycled? Not yet!
* We're not allowed mention which certificate because of bizarre bureaucracy, for details search our site for 'Not allowed to say FSC'.
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes!
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes
- Great for ages: All but children under 3 need to be supervised using everything, basically :-)
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: European toy safety standards; CE-marked
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Substitute the non-vegan ingredient
[Search terms: bees wax, bee wax]