Beautiful watercolor paints from natural raw materials - plant extracts and food colorants. In fact, the tin tells you what each colour is made of - red is from strawberries, pink from beetroot, black from charcoal, green from apples, etc - really fun and a reminder of the simple everyday natural things paints can be made from.
The tablets look pale until you add water the first time - then they are vibrant, the water brings the dried pigments back to life!
We also have beautiful, handmade-in-Germany, eco watercolour brushes.
Which colours do I need refilled? Pop the empty white tablet case out of the tin and turn it over - the number is on the back.
What it contains: 1 x tablet of watercolour refill that pops-in to your existing watercolour tin (if you don't have this already, see here).
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Germany
- Organic? Not yet!
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Germany
- What's it made from? Calcium carbonate, vegetable starch, titanium dioxide, glucose, potassium sorbate, glycerol, colorants (extracts from natural foods, e.g., turmeric)
- What's it packaged in? Tin case, polystyrene holder for each paint tablet
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box
- Plastic-free? Not yet! The holders of the paint tablets are recyclable but plastic.
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused, upcycled or recycled? Not yet!
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Paint - yes; tin case and tablet holders - no
- Reusable / refillable? Yes! See below for individual colour tablets
- Recyclable? Yes - tin, rigid plastic
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 4+. Not suitable for children under 3 - small parts (paint tablets)
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: European Standards DIN EN 71
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? Yes
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Replace the polystyrene holder for each paint tablet with a more-sustainable material
Care/use instructions: To protect the paint colours, please keep away from direct sunlight. To remove from skin, wash with soap and warm water. To remove from textiles, wash as normal. Can be mixed with opaque white (titanium white) and with the other paints from the same set.