Add the first powder to your bath water for a thick, colourful goo.
Enjoy your contained-in-the-bath messy play!
When you're done, add a second ‘dissolver’ powder - this turns the goo back to coloured water that runs down your drain safely and easily.
It's skin-safe, it's certified to biodegrade in water treatment systems, it's easy to clean and doesn't stain.
Accredited by the British Skin Foundation as skin safe. And hundreds of customers have said this product didn't cause any irritation to sensitive skin and in some cases, actually helped to calm their skin condition.
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - EU
- Organic? No
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - UK
- What's it made from? Sodium polyacrylate - this is petroleum-derived but biodegrades in water treatment systems - and table salt dissolver that breaks the slime down into just coloured water. This product also containscolourants and perfum. The colour changes into a different colour by adding a second Gelli to change the existing colour ie. Blue into yellow turns green for example.
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard and paper
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Corrugated cardboard boxes, made partly from recycled material and fully recyclable
- Plastic-free? Yes and no. The packaging is plastic-free (good!). But the slime itself is arguably a petroleum-derived plastic (albeit one that is certified to biodegrade in water treatment systems, which is where the instructions ask you to dispose of it)
- Vegan? Yes
- Free from testing on animals? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
- Biodegradable / compostable? Certified biodegradable in water treatment systems as per the OECD301B standard, but not compostable
- Reusable / refillable? No
- Recyclable? Yes - recycable box, bags & leaflet
- Great for ages: 3+
- Shelf life: 3 years
- Awards: Toy Verdict Awards, Dad's Choice Awards, Rainbow Toy Awards, Toy Talk Awards, Best New Outdoor Toy Award, Buyers Choice Award, Made for Mums Toy Award, Outdoor Toy Awards, Mums Choice Awards and the Independent Toy Awards!
- Safety standards met: European toy safety standards (EN71) and American safety standards (ASTM + CPSR). CE-marked
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? Yes - these products will not stain your bath, skin, clothes or carpet; providing that instructions are followed correctly.
- Improvements we're working on in this product, A.K.A, CAVEAT: We like that's it's free from boron / borates, which are the chemicals in many slimes (including the home-made detergent / contact lens solution slimes) that doctors have concerns about . We like that it's packed plastic-free and it is made in the UK (which gives more confidence in its safety and reduces its toy-miles). We like that it's a powder to which you add water - no shipping water around the world! But we don't love that the slime itself is a petroleum-derivative. We think you'd be better to make slime at home from edible (and therefore also compostable) ingredients like cornflour or chia or marshmallows or gelatin. But if you don't have time / inclination to do that, and you'd otherwise be buying toystore slimes (often made far away, sometimes exceeding EU borate safetly levels, usually packed in plastic, usually transported wet), then this is the single safest, most eco-friendly alternative!