Very Twenty inspirational stories of Earth Heroes from around the world, from Greta Thunberg and David Attenborough to Yin Yuzhen and Isatou Ceesay. Each story shows that one person, however small, can make a difference. Includes:
- Mohammed Rezwan, architect behind Bangladesh’s pioneering floating school scheme;
- Greta Thunberg, Swedish teen striking to raise awareness of climate change;
- Andrew Turton and Pete Ceglinski, Australian inventors of the Seabin;
- Isatou Ceesay, Gambian innovator turning waste into wealth for her community;
- Stella McCartney, British designer fighting for sustainable fashion.
“If you want to know what to do in the face of the crisis, read this book! It’s full of inspiring ideas” – Emma Thompson
- Raw materials from Europe? China :-( That's 22,000km of 'book-miles'. We're wrestling with whether to apply our 'made in Europe? criterion to books, as they are a side-line to our toys, and we only retail don't distribute so our influence on producers is limited.
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? No - China
- What's it made from? Paper and cardboard only, "from sustainable forests" (not Sustainability-certified*)
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? TBC
* We're not allowed mention which certificate because of bizarre bureaucracy, for details search our site for 'Not allowed to say FSC'.
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
- Great for ages: 8 or 9 up - need to be a confident reader
- Shelf life: Indefinite
Safety standards met: N/A
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: Very happy! But let us know your suggestions.