Make 3 natural beeswax food wraps yourself! A lovely kit for someone who's keen on eco in the kitchen.
It's much easier than you'd think and full instructions and all materials are included.
Beeswax wraps are a great way to cover bowls, half-avocados, cheese, vegetables, bread, fruit, fresh herbs, baked goods...to keep food fresh. They're actually more effective than any plastic equivalent they're breathable (unlike plastic wraps which are not and so can make food putrify and mold). They keep bread fresh for up to 5 days, for example.
Hold the wrap where you want it for a minute - the warmth of your hands molds it - and when it cools, it's sealed.
What it contains: 3 GOTS certified-organic cotton fabric pieces measuring 38 x 38 cm; 130 grams natural beeswax; instructions
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Netherlands
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Netherlands
- What's it made from? Natural beeswax, GOTS certified-organic cotton
- What's it packaged in? Paper bag with a biodegradable-plastic window
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? No - made from beeswax
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? Yes the cardboard packaging is recycled
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable / compostable? Yes 100%
- Reusable / refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 5 to adult (although a child under about 10 would need help / supervision in using it)
- Shelf life: TBC
- Safety standards met: None apply - a craft kit, not a toy
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None, very happy, but let us know your suggestions!
[Search terms: bees wax, bee wax]