A beautiful wooden balance board the whole family will use
das.Brett is a uniquely bouncy wooden balance board / wobble board. It's a movement and imagination toy for kids - and for teens, adults, and older adults, it's a novel fitness, yoga, or mobility prop.
Think of it as a home gym that looks gorgeous (but also fits behind the sofa!)
Children balance, wobble, kneel, or lie on the board. They turn it into a slide, a bridge, or a pirate ship! Its simplicity stimulates their creativity.
Teens and adults use it for high- and low-intensity exercise, for agility, endurance, strength, balance and coordination:
- Each das.Brett comes with a booklet of 65 cardio-vascular, strength, and yoga exercises (download a copy here);
- Enjoy 18 two-minute tutorial videos by professional yoga teachers who use das.Brett in their classes here or see "Click here for 2-minute yoga tutorial videos" below.
For Brett yoga, for a softer grip for hands and feet, or to stabilise the board upside-down, add die.Rollen natural-cork rolls that fit perfectly on the board edges.
For a full add-on, try der.Wackler - a natural-cork balance prop that's fun on its own or in combination with das.Brett!
FAQ: Which balance board finish should I choose? Do I need cork?
Choose with cork for:
Choose without cork for:
Choose oiled for a warmer feel
Choose lacquered for frequent washing e.g., in a school
FAQ: Which size balance board should I choose?
das.Brett only comes in one size - it's good for kids and adults, up to 19 stone (120kg) bodyweight.
- Raw materials from Europe? Yes - Wood: Sustainable forest in Thuringia, Germany; oils: southern Germany
- Organic? The beech wood is grown without pesticides (but there is no organic certification for forestry, that we know of, yet!)
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - A specialised carpentry in Erzgebirge, Germany
- What's it made from? Natural beechwood made into a 7-ply beech veneer; natural oils that are solvent-free, dermatologically tested, and even foodsafe; natural colours; natural cork
- What's it packaged in? Nothing
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard box, brown paper and cardboard padding only - 100% plastic-free!
- Plastic-free? Yes 100%
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
- Biodegradable / compostable? No - as with any similar product, the wood layers are glued together meaning they won't compost. We hope your board will last a lifetime, but if not please bring to your civic amentiy center for disposal.
- Reusable refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
- Great for ages: 3+
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Safety standards met: European standard for sport devices DIN EN 913
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes / skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None, we think it's perfect! But let us know what you think!
No more than 1 person at a time. Weight limit 120 kg (18 st 12 lbs). Sports equipment, not a toy! Children under the age of 6 must be carefully supervised. Only use on a level surface!
Grasshopper pose with das.Brett:
Dancer pose with das.Brett:
Goddess pose with das.Brett:
Crow pose with das.Brett:
For more tutorial videos like this see here.
[Search terms: Brett, balance, balanceboard, das Brett, wobbel, wobble]