Long-lasting without the carbon footprint - made from plants, not petroleum. Will last several childhoods of play and can then be recycled with traditional petro-plastics.
What it contains: Bioplastic frisbee, 23cm in diameter. Durable won't dissolve in rain or seawater :-)
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? No :-( - Brazil
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Denmark
- What's it made from?
- Bioplastic (specifically Green PE) - an innovative, carbon-neutral material made from the leftovers after sugarcane is harvested. It's carbon-neutral because plants absorb carbon as they grow - whereas petroleum-based plastic has a carbon footprint of up to 6 times its own weight in CO2. Bioplastic is fully recyclable at end of life along with petro-plastics. Think of it as FairTrade coffee - looks the same, tastes the same, but has a very different impact on the world because of how it's produced;
- Fillers like Calcium Stearate (an edible salt);
- Colourants (these are petroleum-derived and 1.0-1.5% of the material).
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard only
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? 100% free from petroleum-derived plastic - made from bioplastic, see above for the difference. Does contain about 1.5% petroleum-derived colourants
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable compostable? No (but it has a tiny carbon footprint compared to petro-plastic toys)
- Reusable refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 2 years and up
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: TBC
- Safety standards met: European Toy Safety Standards (CE-marked)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None, we think it's perfect! But let us know what you think!
Search terms: Dan Toy, bio plastic