This child-sized set is perfect for play dough, for getting creative at your mud kitchen.
Or you can bake real food with it, and clean it in the dishwasher afterwards. You can even put it in the microwave. It's tupperware, basically, but without the carbon footprint because it's made from plants not petroleum.
Goes nicely with our handmade, organic, scented, plastic-free playdough.
What it contains: Bioplastic rolling pin, pot, bowl, whisk, pastry/dough cutter, and 6 shape cutters in a cardboard box. All approved for contact with food, microwave-safe, dishwasher-save, and durable - ready for years of use.
Feel great about where it comes from:
- Raw materials from Europe? No :-( - Brazil
- Organic? TBC
- Manufactured in Europe? Yes - Denmark
- What's it made from?
- Bioplastic (specifically Green PE) - an innovative, carbon-neutral material made from the leftovers after sugarcane is harvested. It's carbon-neutral because plants absorb carbon as they grow - whereas petroleum-based plastic has a carbon footprint of up to 6 times its own weight in CO2. Bioplastic is fully recyclable at end of life along with petro-plastics. Think of it as FairTrade coffee - looks the same, tastes the same, but has a very different impact on the world because of how it's produced;
- Fillers like Calcium Stearate (an edible salt);
- Colourants (these are petroleum-derived and 1.0-1.5% of the material).
- What's it packaged in? Cardboard only
- Shipping packaging from manufacturer to us: Cardboard only
- Plastic-free? 100% free from petroleum-derived plastic - made from bioplastic, see above for the difference. Does contain about 1.5% petroleum-derived colourants
- Vegan? Yes
- Animal-cruelty-free? Yes
- Reused upcycled or recycled? No
Feel great about where it goes after you've used it:
- Biodegradable compostable? No (but it has a tiny carbon footprint compared to petro-plastic toys)
- Reusable refillable? N/A
- Recyclable? Yes 100%
Feel great about you and your child using it:
- Great for ages: 2 years and up
- Shelf life: Indefinite
- Awards: TBC
- Safety standards met: European Toy Safety Standards (CE-marked)
- Solvent-free? Yes
- Gluten-free? Yes
- Peanut-free? Yes
- Soy-free? Yes
- Lactose-free? Yes
- Easy to wash-off clothes skin? N/A
- Improvements we're working on in this product: None, we think it's perfect! But let us know what you think!
Search terms: playdoh, playdough, play doh, play dough, Dan Toy